In Association With "The Pursuit of Glory"

In Association With "The Pursuit of Glory"
In Association With "The Pursuit of Glory"

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Glorious Almond Butters

This recipe is so delicious I want to keep it to myself. But it's way too simple to be anything near unique. Thus, I unleash upon you the best almond butter I have ever had.


Literally. It's insane. And it's far too easy.

And I got experimentive (not even a word, but it's completely applicable) and just thought "what would taste awesome?". This is pretty much what I continually think to myself. Whether I'm at a new restaurant, out biking, hungry, full, bored...

So I came up with Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter.


But first: Sea Salt Almond Butter (sea salt is such a small addition, but it works absolute wonders. I was amazed)

Glory is just 10,000 revolutions of the blade away! So hit ON!
For just about 1C Almond Butter which equals 8x2Tbsp servings
2C Almonds (I suggest 4 Cups :) it'll make about 2C butter)
1-1.25tsp Sea Salt (I initially stated 1.5tsp - but I think that might be a little too potent for some. Start with 1tsp and g from there!)

Roast evenly spread Almonds on cookie sheet for 15mins @ 350F. Shift them around at least twice during the 15mins. Some of the almonds should slightly crack and change color a little. Once done, set aside to cool for 5-15mins depending on how anxious you are. Put in food processor and run 'em til they're smooth and slightly runny. When I first made my own butters, I got complacent at a "thick" consistency. Keep going. If it builds up on the sides. When you think it's all done, mix for another 3 minutes! Taste it, if you like saltier add some. But this recipe is a really well balanced amount...more and you will lose some of the almond taste...less and you aren't quite at the optimum.
Almost there. Scrape the sides and mix til the butter is warm from friction.
Now for the better stuff. Like better than Lipton "best stuff on earth" bogusness.

I once again suggest the more is more approach (similar to cycling training).

But here's the yield for ~1C.
2C Almonds
3-5Tbsp Raisins (Start w/ 3-4T, add more if the butter can take it and still be a good texture!)
2tsp Cinnamon (This is a good amount, you can add more - but taste it before you do...)

The result is absolutely glorious. It's cinna-money. If your raisins are really dry they could clump up the resulting butter. So, for dry raisins I suggest measuring your tablespoon, dripping water over it, then press them by hand to push out the water. This will give the raisins enough moisture, but will not make the almond butter runny. Too much water and you could get the oil/water separation...and you do not want that in this (or any!) almond butter.

This is 4C Almonds. Makes an overflowing 2C Almond butter here. And there's enough left in the FP to swipe up with your finger or some bread or to put on celery. Possibilites = endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment